Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Females wanted...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Females wanted...

Females wanted... 1 week, 5 days ago #1

My male degu has lived alone since I adopted him from Pets@Home (and was told he couldn't live with other degus).

However, since I am no longer with my girlfriend who insisted we not get another as we were told not to, I am desperate to get a pair (or more, just more than 2 so I'm not left in the same situation when he goes as he is 4 now!) of females. My thinking is that if I get him female company there should be less fighting for dominance as there would be if I tried to introduce other males.

It would be absolutely perfect if someone had a lone female of a few years old so that I wouldn't have to worry as much about one seriously outliving the other and then becoming lonely themselves, but a pair of younger females would still be perfect.
I already have a spare cage, of a decent enough size for the purpose, to allow a gradual introduction and, of course, neutering is a must (I'm not planning to become a breeder). I also have a friend who would be willing to take them in if the transition does not go smoothly so, regardless of how the introduction attempt goes, it/they will be well looked after (I can't have 2 cages in my room as it is a private rent and we agreed one).

Please help me as he seems even more lonely than before, probably because I am on my own now too so he's getting less human attention unfortunately. If nobody is able to help I will probably resort to buying a couple of pups from P@H in a few weeks anyway as I really want him to be happy.

Thanks,

Tristan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds